At First Equitable (firstequitable.com) we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can then be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Data and information that we may collect:
1. Name and title
2. Contact information including email address
3. Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
4. Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
1. Internal record keeping
2. We may use the information to improve our products and services
3. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
4. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
5. Your security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to reader needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
1. Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
2. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]
3. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
4. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information and data contained on the ‘first-equitable.com’ website is of a general and journalistic nature. Nor does any of the information contained represent an offer to invest, to enter into any agreement or investment advice. Furthermore, no detail is aimed at or intended for those persons resident in the UK, USA or Hong Kong.
No liability will or can be accepted for any transactions embarked upon in connection with any provided material. We recommend at all times that you always seek professional advice before entering into any agreements or investments to ensure that you are in receipt of all the information necessary to ensure that it is indeed suitable for your personal situation.